Do you own a B&B or vacation rental in the Comox Valley?
Thinking about starting one…or just even renting a room on AirBnB?
Want to learn and share with other hosts…and enjoy hundreds of dollars in savings with area businesses?
If you said, “Yes” to any of these questions, then this Association is for you!
The Comox Valley Association of Bed & Breakfasts and Vacation Rentals (CVABBVR) is comprised of a group of hosts who offer travelers home-like alternatives to hotel rooms.
While this group was originally comprised only B&B owners and much of the focus was on marketing our members to “put heads in beds,” the Assocation changed its name and now includes a range of home-based accommodations and its initiatives have grown beyond marketing.
The CVABBVR is committed to providing a forum for owner-hosts–offering education, mentorship, and advocacy–as our industry continues to evolve and our region grows in popularity with tourists from around the world.
Our Association also has a committee representing our industry with the Comox Valley government to ensure that our collective voice is heard in matters, such as zoning and bylaw modifications, that can impact members.
Membership in the association is a modest investment with lots of perks.
- Your business on a fully optimized website that offers direct links with pictures and maps to each property
- Peak-season availability spreadsheet for all members and Visitors Centre
- Facebook page for member posts and media campaigns
- Representation on the Destination Marketing Committee
- All premises inspected and approved
- Member newsletter
- Concierge program for guests
- Dining Guide and discounts for guests
- Member discounts at various businesses
- Twice yearly social/business events
- Tours of member facilities
- Advocacy at local government tables
Membership, which requires a one-time inspection by a former owner and association president, becomes a point of differentiation for members when travelers are seeking accommodations and realize that most private, online listings are not inspected.
And, also promoting that you are a “member of” a trade association shows potential guests that you are serious about your business, not just someone trying to make a few bucks on the side by renting a room.
If you’re serious about hosting guests at your home or vacation rental, then this is the Association for you!